“Focued on” is the place where we share such information as to help find the best solution and idea to tackle challenges we face nowadays.
Nowadays all of us are struggling to grasp with COVID-19.
We believe that all of us are to soon get over COVID-19 and difficult situation by sharing our experience and policies.
Getting together and sharing our experience and better practices to help each other are sure to contribute to the object and purposes of the World Administrative cities association.
Current Status of COVID-19 outbreak
Number of confirmed cases are 46 of which 12 received treatment and are released from quarantine after going through reexamination. 32 patients are hospitalized and 2 patients are put under self-quarantine.
Improved Test Methods
1. Drive-through screening station
- Sejong City has been operating a drive-through screening station for COVID-19 as of Feb, 26 at public health center.
The drive-through test is a none interrupted testing while remaining in the vehicle to shorten waiting time and prevent contact with others.
Testing time is reduced from 1 hour to 10 min by using a drive-through screening station.
- As demand for the test and selected testing clinics is soaring, Sejong City has been operating Walking-through test for COVID-19 as of March 28.
When using Drive-through, test is available for the driver only. People who can`t drive have no choice but to visit a Clinic center.
With “Walking-through test” People can get tested while walking off the clinic building along the designated line where by medical staff are prepared to perform their works one by one in order. Test takes shorter time by using Walking-through than clinic center.
Therefore, this is so much safe and efficient as to prevent infection inside the clinic center and to help rapid stream of testing.
Policy for people to combat COVID-19
1. Special control measures for people from abroad.
- Korean Governments have implemented Special entry procedure for people from abroad.
Sejong City is implementing Special Control measures for people from abroad. Through this measurements, all the people from abroad are tested and regardless of test result all of them are put under quarantine for 14 days.
Any entrants from abroad having tested negative for COVID-19 at first time, will have to get reexamination in order to be release from quarantine. Any violator of quarantine order will be subject to the punitive measures.
2. Control for people being self-quarantined
- People being self-quarantined should download an “App for hygiene and safety of the people being quarantined” on cell phone.
They ought to get self-check up for COVID-19 twice a day to make sure that they are not infected and this is transmitted to the officials designated man-to-man for the self-quarantined.
If self-quarantined person informs such symptoms like fever or coughs, the official will immediately contact him or her and arranges for concentrated care. Moreover, this app is able to check whether self-quarantined remains at the shelter in place where he or she must stay during quarantined period.
This app help both self-quarantined to observe the quarantine order and public officials to control them efficiently and effectively.
3. Social distancing campaign(For all of us)
- Sejong city encourages residents to specially care personal sanitary practices including hand washing and wearing face mask.
This campaign means making changes in everyday routines in order to minimize close contact with others including: avoiding crowded places and non-essential gathering, avoiding common greeting, such as handshakes etc.
Public officials from time to time patrol Sport facilities, Internet cafes, Karaoke bars etc, so as to check whether they are observant the special control measures. The universities in the city is open not until May to come.
Information Sharing to combat COVID-19
Special app for Face Mask inventory
- Since the outbreak of COVID-19, demand for Face Mask has increased so much. People have willing to pay for masks about 2~3 times more expensive than before the outbreak. To relieve a shortage of masks, the Korean governments came up with the new measures called “5-day rotation system for mask distribution” as of March 9. This policy is helping each buyer to purchase on designated days according his or her birth years at pharmacies at fixed price. However, even with above said system, people are still experiencing difficulty in getting face masks on time, so the city provided a special app “Sejong En” which hepls find a right pharmacy to get one by the way of updating every 5 min through the cell phone on the status of inventory.